Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pirate swords, earthquakes, and the true meaning of Christmas

Holllaaaaaaaaaaaa mis amigos!! 

I had another great week here La Parte. I can't believe that I already have finished two transfers! I honestly have fallen in love with this place--the people, the food, the hills that I have to walk up everyday, the dogs, the cats, the WHOLE PLACE!  THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING PLACE! I am so grateful to have started my mission here. This Tuesday we have changes. I'm not sure if I'll be leaving or not,  but wow this place has a big place in my heart. Right next to my mom! ha ha lol (She's going to like that) . . . still got it . . . ha ha 

But this last week here was really good except for that fact that I got super sick ha ha. Other then that it was good.  I think the Grinch was here and got me sick right before Christmas. ha ha






But I'm doing really good now, and I had an amazing week! I met someone who knew Nick Emery, but of course they didn't know me. ha ha ha Pucha! 

It was a little different not spending Christmas with my family, but wow, it was so great to talk to them. It was just like the good old days. They are so great and the coolest part was that I got to talk to my sister who is also serving a mission. It was super cool to hear from her and see the progress that she has made in her life. Its was way sweet. 

This Christmas we spent the day working. It was really special to spend the day with some of people that don't have anybody to share Christmas with, and who really needed the company. 

Funny story lol. So this week I went into a store to go to the bathroom, and I was already nervous because there was like a group of chilean gangstas chillin' in the bathroom. But I had to go, so I went. While I was going, the stall started shaking like crazy and I thought the gangstas were messing with me or whatever ha ha ha so like I started yelling English at them and hoping it would scare them away (and when I say gangsta I mean like a group of 12-year olds lol), but ya, anyway I found out that there was an earthquake while I was in the bathroom ha ha ha ha When I walked out these kids were giving my the weirdest looks. Classic! 

I got some Chilean hats for Christmas so I guess I'm Chileo now. And I got a sword from my pirate.




I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! The people here are amazing. I love the way they celebrated here--super humble and not about the gifts at all. It's so cool. I asked a lot of kids what they wanted for Christmas and most of them said, "like whatever, I just wanna be with the fam" or like "peace and love." It's really cool. It really made me realize the true meaning of Christmas. 

Elder Frampton

P.S.

Hey family! Wow, how fun was that to talk again? You guys are freaking awesome! I was soooo pumped to talk to all of you guys, wow!! just like the good old days! You guys look awesome! Thanks for making it the best Christmas ever for me, and it was great to talk to Tatum! Garrett and Wyatt are growing up, which is weird. I miss joking with my bros! But ya, thanks for being great examples for me, Wyatt and Garrett. I love you guys! Garrett said something in his letter that caught my attention, he said "I wish I was as happy as you,"  i can really say I have never been so happy in my life than I am right now. It's just honestly living the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you want more happiness in your lives, then make more sacrifices and read your scriptures everyday! Like really read them and pray with all your heart. And gain a testimony because you will get blessing after blessing and you will see a difference in your life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment