Monday, October 20, 2014

WEEK TWO! LESS GO!


This week was soooo sick! What a swaggy week! I had a lot happen, but I don't know where to start. Let's see, oh I had a baptism this week. I guess that's a good place to start. Ya, it was so cool. I baptized a kid named Bruno. Such an amazing kid and it was a really spiritual experience. I can't believe I got my first baptism. We also have a date to baptize Bruno's sister, Maria next Sunday, so I'm really excited for that too. 

Oh, and kinda funny story. You know how my hair grows really fast and I have to get haircuts a lot and so mine was really long and everyone kept asking if I was from Peru or Argentina. They don't think I'm from the states. So I went to get a haircut at this Columbian Barbar shop and the guy kept playing with my hair the whole time he was cutting it and it was so creepy. I couldn't understand anything he said so I just kept saying "si." So then finally after I said "si" he took me to this massage table and was going to start massaging me. LOL So creepy. 

I'm in this place called Parte Alta and it just full of hills and so all day long I'm just walking up and down these hills. My calves are absolutely huge now. It's so sweet! Oh and there is this massive cross out side my window. Not kidding, it's like the Twin Towers or something. 

The people here in Chile are so tight and they always feed us and everything, but they only have soda. I haven't had soda in five years and I've been trying to keep my streak up, but this week I broke down and started drinking it again . . . So ya, I drink soda now . . .

I had to give a surprise talk in church yesterday. I was like, are you serous? I don't even speak Spanish, bishop! Whatever, I just went up there and killed it. 

It was a great week. My spiritual thought is to make the most of the time you have with family and friends and school and missions. Whatever it is have fun with it and enjoy it! Be grateful for it. In 1 Thessalonians 5:16 it says "Rejoice always." And in 5:18 it says "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God's in Christ Jesus for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment