Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Last Week in the MTC: TURN OUT!

Hey family!! 

How are you guys? How has your week been? Mom, I got you Dear Elder this week and I loved it! There was one part in there that was so touching about what Chase said, which was so cool, so thanks for sending me that! 

I can't believe this is my last week in the MTC. It's so surreal to me. It seriously feels like I just got here and now I'm leaving. The MTC has honestly changed my life and I'm writing a little book about my MTC experience. I'll share it with you guys when I'm done. Mom, I decided I want you to start a blog for me about my mission because I realize that it's just as important for others to hear about the experiences I am having as it is for me to experience them. In a devotional this past Sunday somebody said we need to share our thoughts and feeling just like all the prophets in the Book of Mormon shared their thoughts and feelings. 

This week has been way good. My Spanish has been getting way better, but I realized something so important. I'm not trying to learn Spanish and I'm not trying to learn English. These languages don't matter. The real language I'm trying to learn is the language of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and if I can become more like Christ, Spanish will come and everything else will fall into place. 

I'm kinda sad to leave this place because its become my new home and my new family and now I have to leave it again.  But it's okay because I'm excited to meet my new family. But ya, its hard to say goodbye again. 

I'm doing great though. I'm working hard and learning a lot and having a lot of fun too.  I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life as I have here.  

I miss you guys and I'm truly grateful for all that you've done for me.  I love you guys!

Here is my spiritual thought for the week: 

TURN OUT, TURN OUT, not in, TURN OUT! It's a really simple thought, but it really is so powerful. I heard this in a devotional given by Elder Bednar. He said "when times get rough, turn out."  I've had a lot of time to ponder and think about life and I think about how I can become a better missionary and more importantly, a better person. I realized that if I just strive to be more like Christ, then I naturally become better and so I've really been trying to figure out how I can be more like Christ. I've been reading scriptures and praying, and then I heard this: TURN OUT! QUIT THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF! Not once did Christ ever think about himself. Not once. Even when Christ was betrayed by his own apostles after HE HAD JUST SUFFERED FOR THE SINS OF THE ENTIRE WORLD, he didn't feel sorry for himself. I imagine Christ on the cross with his hands and feet nailed to it, and then him saying "father forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Wow. TURN OUT! I know that if we can turn out then we will be happier in our lives. 

Love Elder Frampton 

No comments:

Post a Comment