Monday, November 10, 2014

Arrrrrrg!

This week was just amazing!!! I was able to baptize 3 kids. Two of the kids were brothers and they're some of the sweetest kids I'e ever met!! They are like my little brothers and having the chance to baptize them this week was so freakin' amazing.  It really made me realize why I'm on my mission! I can't even describe the feeling I felt when I saw them enter into the water. I'm so grateful for them and the chance to be apart of their lives. We also baptized a girl named Maria. She is 13 and she's soo sweet! She has been through some really hard things in her life . . . her dad died when she was 8 and I can't imagine how hard that is and so to be able to be a part of bringing her into this church was super cool. She reminded me of my mom because my mom's dad died when she was young too and I just thought about how this church has blessed my mom and our family and how this church is going be a huge blessing in maria's life too. I'm really grateful for them in my life.

Other then the baptisms not a lot happened. We spent a lot of time preparing for the baptisms this week, but we also found some awesome people to teach. So guess who we found. We found a Pirate! No joke.  A legit Pirate! Apparently Coquimbo was founded by pirates, so we met this pirate and we started teaching him. It's hard to teach him because he's always out on the ocean, but he seems way interested so hopefully it will go somewhere. Maybe we will find his treasure ha ha!!! 




Another cool thing that happened this week is I'm learning how to knit!  ha I'm serious! There is this member in our ward that is a freaking amazing knitter and she makes these crazy cool stuffed animals. She is good! So I asked her if she would make me one and she said ya, she's gonna make me a missionary with my plate on it so I'm pumped about that. Then she said she would teach me too so I'm about to become a professional knitter! Watch out!!!!! 


Then I ate cow stomach this week too, which was way weird, but it actually turned out way good!

That's about it for this week. I'm understanding a little better. The language is hard, but I'm not scared. I have fun with it and enjoy it!! lessss gooo!! 

Frampdaddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment