Monday, November 17, 2014

All the little secrets to missionary work . . .

Hey mom and dad, It was sooo good to hear from you guys this week and it sounds like everything is going so well there. It makes really happy to know that! I really miss you guys and am grateful for your help in preparing for this mission because every day something happens and I have to make decisions and I am grateful for what you have taught me so I can make those decisions and become like Christ! I got your letter mom!!! Thank you. I love your letters and it probably takes a good solid month to arrive. 

So one thing I have been doing this month is I have been reading my Patriarchal Blessing every day and marking it up and basing my day off of what it says. And wow has it really opened my eyes to the little things that happen to me every day. My goal is to read it once a day for the next 19 months!


This week I have finished my first transfer in the mission. I can't believe how fast this six weeks has gone but it has been some of the best weeks of my life! It has been freakin' great. I was able to have a lot of success and I'm really grateful for that. I hope I can keep it rolling. Tomorrow I will find out if I am going to stay here or if I'm leaving. I'm hoping to stay because this place is great. I love the ward and I don't want to leave because I want to baptize Ceasar and Mike, who are two of the people we have been teaching. It would stink to have to leave.

A lot of things happened this week. Let's see so, we did a lot of service, which is always great. We are helping someone build a house right now. ha ha Oh ya, and I am also teaching two different people English and they are teaching me Spanish. I found out that everyone here wants to learn English so I'm using it to teach more people. Like now I'm teaching two different investigators English, but I'm teaching them only gospel words. ha ha It's a good way to have fun with and teach the lessons. 

I also did a lot of little service, like helping this guy push his car up this massive hill and stuff like that . . . but service is one of my favorite things to do here in the mission.

This week I also set up a few "noche de hogars" which is family night, with some families and I'm really excited for them. They are gonna teach me how to cook some Chilean foods. I can't wait.

I love the mission!!!! 

A little funny story I had this week--ok, the other day me and my comp were walking to an appointment that we had and out of nowhere we find ourselves walking in this huge parade of people. Like we were just walking in the street and a mob of dancing Indians just came flying in behind us with drums and stuff. We looked ahead and there was a whole crowd of people just lined up for this parade. So I decided to enjoy it for a bit and and flow with it--just cruise along with the dancing Indians. So ya, that was that. 

This Sunday we were able to confirm the kids we baptized Last Sunday, which was really cool because guess what? I gave a blessing and confirmed one of them in Spanish!!!!!!!! It was great. I was pretty nervous cause it was in front of the whole church, but I told myself if I wanna get better at my Spanish I gotta step out of the comfort zone and go for it. So I did and everything was great. My Spanish is getting better and I'm starting to understand a little more everyday so I'm excited about that. 

I'm starting to learn all the little secrets to missionary work and this week I learned a really important one and that is that you can only do so much in your companionship. I learned that you gotta work with members and with the spirit. If you can be cool with the members and work with them you will have a lot more success as a missionary. And this applies to life as well! 

That's all I got this week!

Love you guys!! Have another great week!

Elder Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment